- AFM® ng : Unique hydrophobic surface for advanced adsorption of organics and microplastics!
- AFM® benefits at a glance
- What makes AFM® so effective?
- 2019 IFTS Test results : A certified 1 micron filtration rate without flocculation
- AFM®ng offers the finest filtration
- Ask a question
AFM® ng undergoes a new activation process to increase its surface area and to make it hydrophobic (non polar). Dryden Aqua has developed AFM® ng to remove organics and microplastics from the water. Any non polar chemical will be more difficult to dissolve into water and it will tend to float like oil, or be adsorbed on to a non polar hydrophobic surface.
Organic matters are the precursor for the formation of Trihalomethanes (THMs), including chloroform. Thanks to its large hydrophobic area and highly mesopourous structure, AFM® ng can filter much finer particles and approximately 50% more organic substances than sand. High filtration performance means less disinfectants are used, resulting in healthier water and better air quality at lower costs.
- ... more than doubles the performance of an existing filtration system
- ... is not subject to biodynamic instability and will never allow untreated water to pass
- ... substantially lowers chlorine oxidation demand
- ... lowers backwash water demand by an average of 50%
- ... is expected to last for the life of the filtration system
- ... provides quick return on investment
Manufacturing of AFM®
1. Clean, carefully selected glass
AFM® is only made from pure green and brown glass which have the necessary metal oxides to help make AFM® self-sterilising.
2. Ideal hydraulic properties
The raw material is ground into the optimal grain size and shape, crucial for the outstanding hydraulic properties of AFM®.
No dangerous glass splinters are allowed to be present in the filter material. Our manufacturing process is ISO certified.
3. Activation process
The AFM®activation process creates a mesoporous structure with a huge catalytic surface area for greater adsorption and catalytic reactions. Hydroxyl groups on the surface give AFM® a strong negative charge, known as the zeta potential, that attracts heavy metals and organic molecules. In the presence of small amounts of oxygen or oxidising agents, the catalytic surface generates free radicals that make AFM® self-sterilising.
For local customers
Please note that shipping fee is not added to the mentioned prices. We have strategic partners in different locations for fulfillment:
More places to come soon.
If you want to know about shipping charges, contact us @ +63-998-265-9514 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For international customers
To arrange for mode of delivery, please send your purchase order confirmation to email@example.com or contact us thru viber/whatsapp @ +63-998-265-9514